Strategies for a Stronger Sanford is building a strong future for the city by engaging the community in effective strategies to support their children, youth and families. The organization nurtures partnerships, provides sustainability to community activities, and helps to create the local conditions necessary to foster a shared vision and promote the healthy development of a thriving city.
PROUD PARTNER OF UNITED WAY
Based in Sanford, Maine, Strategies for a Stronger Sanford (SFSS) is a nonprofit organization working to ensure a strong future for the area by supporting children, youth and their families through fostering a shared community vision and promoting the development of a safe, healthy, and thriving community.
SFSS builds critical developmental assets, nurtures key partnerships, develops effective strategies, and engages in programmatic work that focuses on substance abuse prevention. The organization also provides staffing and support to the Sanford Strong Coalition, a coalition of local organizations working to implement innovative ways to help children, youth and their families to thrive.
- SFSS supports coalition building as a critical element in ensuring that the youth & families of Sanford thrive.
- SFSS acts as a repository of data & clearinghouse for information to the community.
- SFSS advocates for Sanford children & youth needs.
- SFSS supports local initiatives and provides infrastructural support.
- SFSS administers projects which support the needs of Sanford children, youth and families.
We can help get your idea launched…
Strategies for a Stronger Sanford provides infrastructural support (e.g., administrative assistance, accounting, office space) and other resources to Sanford area initiatives. In this capacity, SFSS also provides a 501(c)3 structure (a non-profit classification) to act as a fiscal sponsor for programming and projects as well as an organizational structure to provide staffing and governance of programming and projects.